1. Show up consistently for the work.
2. Make promises and keep them.
3. Make the choices that are right for the work, not easiest for you.
4. Seek gradual, persistent improvement by doing the work, not avoiding it.
5. Design systems that take care of the routine, repetitive tasks.
6. Develop habits that lead you towards your best work. Eliminate the ones that lure you away from it.
7. Treat your work with the same respect you want it to be shown by others.
8. Prepare now for the opportunity you dream about so that when it’s offered to you, you’re ready.
9. Share your efforts with the world. If you’re a professional, it’s the work that is accepted or rejected, celebrated or ignored. Not you.
10. Acknowledge and celebrate your colleagues’ successes publicly.